Congrats to the Bend Outdoor Worx winners of the Venture Out Conference!
In the Tower Theatre in Bend, Oregon, some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs of the outdoor industry gave their best pitches in hopes of taking home cash grants.
2017 Bend Venture Out Winners
- Mathew Smith and Tribe Pilot took home the Digital Ascent Award, which comes along with a $2,500 check.
- KidRunner’s Will Wayne took home the 10,000 Breakout Award. (KidRunner has also won in the Bend Venture Conference in the past. For a quick story about the Bend-based company, click here.
- James Wilson and his company, Pedaling Innovations, snagged the $5,000 Ready to Roll award in the growth stage category.
- Kim Kinney from Rugged Thread won $75,000 in loan funding from the Business Oregon’s Small Business Expansion Program.
- Melissa Mutterspaugh and Mountain Mels also took home 25,000 from the same program.
BendBroadband Business is proud to be a sponsor of the BOW Venture Out Conference and would like to congratulate all the winners and participants on making 2017 Venture Out a blast! (For more information on the winning companies, simply click their names above.)