Congratulations to the Five Growth Stage Finalists that were named Sept. 28. These finalists will present at the 14th annual Bend Venture Conference (BVC), Oct. 19-20.
“Our 2017 Growth Stage finalists have gone through three rounds of cuts, resulting in a compelling group of companies that span both digital and consumer products, covering industries from UAV and HR to Manufacturing and Travel,” said Brian Vierra, EDCO’s Venture Catalyst. “Our expectation is that these companies will generate interest from the investment community, with several potentially receiving awards.”
In alphabetical order, the five Growth Stage finalists (all from Oregon) advancing are:
- Drone Complier (Portland) – Provides government compliance management solutions integrated with field services to companies entering or growing in the Drone Industry.
- Handful (Wilsonville) – Lifestyle products for women that are flattering, versatile and feel great no matter what life throws your way.
- InvestiPro (Bend) – The first fully-automated application for conducting effective and compliant internal workplace investigations.
- LeadMethod (Bend) – The first Channel Revenue Optimization software to get channel partner engagement and feedback in order to increase revenue.
- Tripgrid (Portland) – Travel management simplified. Tripgrid fixes the complexity of travel planning by providing a simple, intuitive workspace.
Last year, companies in the Growth Stage category won prizes ranging from $100,000 to $1,750,000.
Since 2011, BendBroadband Business has sponsored the Early Stage competition. This year, the cash award has increased to an impressive $17,500 for the BVC Early Stage winner. The BVC is the largest Angel Conference in the West.
Hosted by Economic Development for Central Oregon, this year’s BVC will once again feature three competition categories: Growth Stage, Early Stage and Social Impact. Last year, nearly $4 million in funding was awarded to 10 companies.
Held at the historic Tower Theatre in Bend, BVC will deliver two days’ worth of networking and educational opportunities. Advanced registration is available only online. Space is limited and early registration is encouraged.