BendBroadband is proud to once again sponsor the Concept Stage Grand Prize Award at this year’s Bend Venture Conference. We’ll be awarding $10,000 to the Central Oregonian entrepreneur with best new business idea. On October 18, six teams will present their start-up concepts to the Bend Venture Conference audience. The audience will vote for the best concept.
If you want the chance to vote on the best new idea—or network with 399 entrepreneurs and investors—grab your tickets to BVC soon. As of 10/9, the event is almost sold out.
Five finalists were chosen at this year’s EDCO BVC Semi-Finals PubTalk to present and compete for the BendBroadband $10,000 cash prize:
- Axis Mundi (Piper Lucas) seeks to manufacture collapsible, durable, expandable, insulated, safe structures to meet the growing need for temporary housing.
- IDEAL Equine Gear (Kelly Barnett) develops equine gear to save the legs and lives of equine athletes.
- Ochoco Arms (Sam Lambert) patented multi laser sighting system increases target acquisition abilities and turns a shotgun into a precision instrument.
- OnBoard Dynamics (Rita Hansen, Jeff Witwer, Dr. Chris Hagen) technology permits a vehicle owner to refuel at a home or business with natural gas costing less than $2.00 per gallon.
- TurboPup (Kristina Guerrero) allows dog owners to travel light with complete meal bars for active dogs.
One more “wild card” team will be chosen at the UnConference on October 17. The six finalists will also compete for more than $250,000 (estimated) worth of investor funds.
BendBroadband is proud to sponsor local innovation and looks forward to hearing breakthrough ideas from this year’s competitors.
The Bend Venture Conference kicks off October 17 with three seminars in the morning, followed by the quirky UnConference in the afternoon. The Broken Top networking reception will also be held on Thursday evening (October 18).
Serial entrepreneur Steve Blank will be this year’s key speaker. Blank founded eight companies in 21 years in Silicon Valley and is the author of three popular books about entrepreneurship. He also played a pivotal role in creating lean startup methodology. Learn more about Steve Blank.
Tickets for the 2013 Bend Venture Conference are now on sale here. Tickets are limited, get yours today!
For more info on the Bend Venture Conference, visit the website.