A handful of Central Oregon startup companies are one step closer to earning $15,000 from BendBroadband Business.
The Bend Venture Conference announced Monday its 10 semifinalists for this year’s Early Stage competition. On Sept. 22, the field will narrow to five at EDCO‘s PubTalk. Those five finalists – chosen by an audience vote during the PubTalk – will then present on Oct. 14 during this year’s Bend Venture Conference. One winner will receive a $15,000 cash prize from BendBroadband Business.
Here’s the list of the 2016 Bend Venture Conference Early Stage semifinalists:
- Best Hire: Designed for employers, Best Hire is a web-based employment assessment based on the latest psychological theories and psychometric developments.
- Broken Top Candle Company: A family company that focuses on small-batch, handmade scented candles from the highest quality of soy-blended wax.
- Cascade Wellness Technologies: Inventors of an automated thermal contrast device, Cascade Wellness Technologies blends technology and holistic healing methods together for human and animal athletes.
- CushCore: The world’s first “inner-tire suspension system,” according to its designers. Built to help mountain bikers corner better, preserve momentum and protect against flat tires and wheel rim damage.
- Fire Funder: A crowdsourcing site designed to help build and sustain businesses and non-profits associated with the outdoors industry.
- Free Rain Designs: Sustainable and innovative designs for rainwater collection bins and raised garden beds.
- Hytchr: A mobile app for on-demand photo sharing and sourcing. Users can crowdsource real-time movements by sending out photo and video requests to any GPS location.
- InvestiPro: A fully automated cloud-based application for conducting effective and compliant internal investigations.
- Pryzm Home System: A customized online and interactive homeowner’s manual that makes home management more proactive and less reactive.
- SIMBAWARE: A cloud-based quality management system built to boost company’s levels of compliance and efficiency during their regulatory and quality processes.
“As a group, the 10 Early Stage contenders are stronger than ever, so next week’s PubTalk competition will be a tight race,” said Brian Vierra, Venture Catalyst Manager for EDCO. “When voting, the audience should consider which five ideas they think are the most investable.”
EDCO will take over three rooms at McMenamins Old St. Francis School in downtown Bend for this special PubTalk. Networking begins at 5 p.m. and the program kicks off at 5:45 p.m. For more information or to purchase a ticket, visit the EDCO Events page.