Ever wonder why you experience faster Internet speeds on your tablet in the living room, but a short walk into the kitchen means slower speeds? Many people blame their Internet connection when in reality it’s probably your Wi-Fi.
Here are some tips for boosting your home Wi-Fi.
- The location of your gateway is one factor on the strength of your Wi-Fi. If your mobile device is a long distance away from the gateway or if the signal has to go through thick walls or furniture, this could impact the strength of your Wi-Fi signal. Position your Wi-Fi router in a central location and on a desk (waist height). Avoid putting it on the floor, close to a TV or near metal objects, which can scatter your signal.
- Keep in mind that Wi-Fi travels through glass better than through concrete and brick walls. Wi-Fi signals can also be affected if your devices are located near microwaves, cordless phones, baby monitors, security cameras and blue-tooth devices.
- Remember to turn your smartphone or tablet off regularly. If they are connected all the time, the connection can become “tired.” Turning off your Wi-Fi and then restarting it can help.
- If you have multiple devices connected to your router, broadband can slow down. The more devices connected and running, the more the speed is shared.
- Finally, it could be the age of your technology. Remember that older laptops and smartphones may not download information as quickly as a tablet or other newer devices.
While the convenience and versatility of Wi-Fi is great, slow speeds and interruptions do cause frustrations. If you want to enjoy the best home wireless Internet experience possible in every room in your home, try BendBroadband’s Premium Wi-Fi.
For $7.95 a month, Premium Wi-Fi, customers experience worry-free connectivity for all wireless devices and better coverage in your home. Customers are also just a phone call or web chat away from receiving help from our team of Wi-Fi experts Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
With a dual-band gateway, Premium Wi-Fi customers will experience faster Internet speeds and less signal interference throughout your home. Our specially-trained BendBroadband technicians will install your gateway in the optimal spot in your home, ensuring the best Wi-Fi- coverage possible.
Wi-Fi allows computers, smartphones or other devices to connect to the internet wirelessly within a particular area. Wi-Fi networks have no physical wired connection between sender and receiver and uses radio-frequency technology.
Premium Wi-Fi is the perfect complement to your BendBroadband high-speed Internet service.
For the best wireless connection in your home, order BendBroadband Premium Wi-Fi at 1.541-241-8530 or go to https://bendbroadband.com/premium-wifi/ to learn more and to watch our video on how to better understand Wi-Fi in your home.